Enjoy the beauty of Montana every day in your new position at Western Building Center. Join an experienced team of lumber professionals in a long-standing Montana business. Western Building Center offers great opportunities to succeed — call us today!
Western Building Center is a great place to work, and we’re glad you’re considering us for your career. We believe Western combines the best of everything you’re looking for: challenging jobs, strong compensation and benefit programs, and a family spirit of high energy and positive attitudes in a drug-free atmosphere.
Our goal at Western Building Center is simple: to offer our contractor and homeowner customers with the best quality construction products and world class service at competitive prices. We carry out our goal by serving others as we would like to be served. That’s not just a saying to us; it’s something we aim for every day with our co-workers, suppliers, and customers. Our mission serving of our customers is possible only if the best people are part of the Western team. Our staff’s quality and efforts have earned Western Building Center’s good reputation. Thank you for your interest in Western.
Reasons why you’ll love working for Western Building Center:
- Benefits included – call for details
- Being a part of a knowledgeable and dedicated team in beautiful Northwest Montana
- Excellent opportunity for advancement: Western Building Center is proud to promote from within. Over 10% of our more than 200 employees have worked with us for 20 years or more!
WBC Building Components, Columbia Falls
PURPOSETransport goods from our storage yard to customer locations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- load building components (eg. roof trusses and wall panels) and transport to customer locations
- Perform inspections before and after delivery
- Unload building materials from trailer at job site locations
- Plan and pace own work efficiency in order to meet daily, weekly, project, or team related productivity goals. may require long shifts with paid overtime
- Maintain logs of vehicle repair status
- Understand and observe all safety procedures and practices in order to prevent injury to self or co-workers; attends periodic safety meetings as required; may recommend changes to improve safety procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned
- Knowledge of company products sufficient to determine appropriate applications
- Good customer service and communications skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to read customer orders and follow safety regulations
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTSClean driving record; Class A CDL; applicant must submit to drug test prior to employment
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL ACTIVITYThe work environment and physical activity described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Will be required to frequently lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects up to 80 pounds.
- Driving assignments will require travel of up to 100 miles
- Other work environments include lumberyard/warehouse and customer facilities
PURPOSEPerform duties pertaining to the manufacture of prefabricated wall-panels, floor and roof trusses.
- Starting wage $14.00 per hr
- Health insurance offered 1st month of employment
- Must be able to work in indoor/outdoor conditions
- Help in manufacture of trusses and prefabricated wall panels
- Monday to Friday with overtime available
- Able to use hand tools (Tape measure, hammer, etc.)
- Able to lift, bend, carry, squad, walk, stand for 8-12 hrs.
- Must be able to follow all safety related procedures and practices
- GOOD ATTENDANCE and PUNCTUALITY A MUST FOR TEAM ENVIRONMENT
- Candidate will be subject to drug test prior to employment